All for Joomla All for Webmasters

Airtel buys high-capacity 4G spectrum from Tikona in five circles

Airtel Chairman Sunil Mittal

Bharti Airtel said it has agreed to buy 4G spectrum from Tikona Digital Networks in five telecom circles, giving the company a pan-India footprint in the crucial capacity band and helping it compete on an even footing with Reliance Jio.

Airtel plans to roll-out high speed 4G services on the newly acquired spectrum in the five circles immediately after the closure of the transaction, the company said.

The Gurgaon-based company did not specify financial details of the transaction. Tikona paid about Rs 1,060 cr for the spectrum seven years ago. The spectrum has a life of another 13 years before it expires.

Tikona had acquired the spectrum in 2010 in the first wireless broadband spectrum auction, but has has limited success in monetizing it.

The deal involves the takeover of 350 cell sites as well.

Tikona has 20 MHz spectrum in the 2300 MHz band in Gujarat, UP (East), UP (West), Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh circles.

As per the agreement, the acquisition of the 4G business in Gujarat, UP (East), UP (West) and Himachal Pradesh will be undertaken by Airtel, while in the Rajasthan circle, it will be accomplished through Airtel’s subsidiary Bharti Hexacom Limited.

In Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, Airtel will now have 30 MHz of spectrum in 2.3 GHz band, taking the number of such circles to 13.

Gopal Vittal, MD & CEO (India & South Asia), Bharti Airtel, said, “Airtel’s continued focus on strengthening its 4G capabilities across multiple spectrum bands will be complemented with the BWA spectrum acquisition from Tikona.”

The 2.3 GHz spectrum in the main capacity spectrum used by Jio and Bharti Airtel.

Idea Cellular-Vodafone and BSNL will use the adjacent 2.5 GHz band.

Source link

12 thoughts on “Airtel buys high-capacity 4G spectrum from Tikona in five circles

1. Jaime says:

Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

2. Vannesa says:

Very well written article. It will be valuable to everyone who usess it, as well as myself. Keep up the good work – for sure i will check out more posts.

3. www vshare com says:

Hey! This is my first reply here so I simply wanted to give a fast shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs that go over vshare app market? I am also particularly fascinated by that thing! Thanks a lot!

4. lucky patcher latest version says:

It was wonderful reading this info and I believe you are completely correct. Let me know if perhaps you’re interested in lucky patcher free download, this is my principal competency. I am hoping to see you soon enough, be careful!

5. Will says:

Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with your web site in web explorer, could test this… IE still is the market chief and a large element of other folks will omit your magnificent writing due to this problem.

6. Rafael says:

Almost all of the things you point out happens to be supprisingly legitimate and it makes me wonder why I had not looked at this in this light before. Your piece truly did switch the light on for me as far as this subject goes. But at this time there is just one position I am not too cozy with so while I try to reconcile that with the central idea of your position, allow me observe what the rest of your visitors have to say.Very well done.

7. Lucina says:

Usually I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice post.